7th Annual Illinois Association
of Problem-Solving Courts Conference
October 3-4, 2019
Early Check-In October 2, 2019
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel
201 Broadway Avenue
Normal, Illinois 61761
The ILAPSC Conference brings hundreds of individuals together from around the state to explore the latest research and issues of justice-involved individuals with behavioral health needs. The ILAPSC mission is to promote problem-solving courts in Illinois by providing education, assistance, training and development through collaboration of behavioral health and justice systems.
Who will attend
Judges · Attorneys · Probation Officers · Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment Providers
Parole · Coordinators · Court Administrators · Law Enforcement Officials · Community Leaders
Educators · Practitioners, Researchers, and Policymakers · Peer and Family Advocates
The conference will feature presentations from nationally recognized speakers including:
- Terrence Walton, Chief Operating Officer, National Association of Drug Court Professionals
- Amy Miles, Forensic Toxicology Section Director, Wisconsin StateLaboratory of Hygiene
- Hon. Steven Goss, National Drug Court Institute Consultant
- Mark Sanders, LCSW, CADC, On the Mark Consulting
- Joe Lunievicz, National Drug Court Institute Consultant
- Carlos Quezada-Gomez, National Drug Court Institute Consultant
Presentation Topics and Conference Highlights
- When Sanctions and Incentives Don’t Work
- Current Drug Trends
- Implicit Bias
- Problem-Solving Court Graduates’ Stories of Recovery Panel Discussion
- Narcan Training
New feature this year:
- Friday lunch
- Friday afternoon breakout sessions including clinical and legal ethics
- Nursing Continuing Education Units
Back by popular demand:
- Wednesday Early Registration
- Wednesday Bag Toss Competition and Prizes
- Thursday Evening Reception and Networking
Breakout Sessions Include:
- ASAM and Medical Necessity
- Judicial Leadership
- Proven Treatments for PTSD
- Co-occurring Disorders and Evidence-Based Treatment
- Public Defender and Prosecutor, Lessons Learned from Both Sides
- Mental Health Courts A-Z
- Cultural Competency
- Building Drug Court Capacity
- Team Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Therapeutic Relationship Building for People on Probation with Serious Mental Illness
- Illinois Standards for Problem-Solving Courts
- Clinical/Professional Ethics
- Legal Ethics
- Live4Lali’s Model: Compassionately Responding to Opioid Misuse and Overdose
Continuing Education Information:
Continuing Education Units: 12.25 (Day 1 - 7; Day 2 - 5.25)
Provided by UnityPoint Health Trinity Robert Young Center
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, LSW/LCSW
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, LPC/LCPC
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Nurse
Provided by Illinois Association of Problem-Solving Courts
IAODAPCA #14703 - Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II,CODP I or II or III, PCGC II, CCJP I or II, CAAP I or II, CRSS I or II, CVSS II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, RDDP, CFPP II, NCRS II
Provided by Cook County Public Defender's Office
MCLE Credits: 12.25 MCLE General Credit hours, Professional Responsibility Credits still in application
$295 per person
Three payment options:
Pay by credit card.
Download Invoice and submit to employer to mail with the check
Download Invoice and mail in with the check
- You may transfer your registration to another person until the time of the conference.
- If you cancel after September 18, 2019, there is a $50.00 service fee to cover administrative costs.
- Cancellations and transfers can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT MAY BE RECORDED AND PHOTOGRAPHED. THE ILLINOIS ASSOCIATION OF PROBLEM-SOLVING COURTS AND THE ILLINOIS CENTER OF EXCELLENCE FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH AND JUSTICE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO USE THE RECORDINGS OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR TRAINING AND OTHER RELATED EDUCATIONAL OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. BOTH ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO POST PHOTOGRAPHS AND RECORDED MATERIAL FROM THIS PROGRAM AT www.ilapsc.org, AND/OR USE PHOTOGRAPHS IN PRINT MATERIAL.
Handouts will be available to view and print from the 2019 Materials page of this website 48 hours before the conference. Free Wi-Fi will be available in all conference rooms to view the handouts on your electronic device.
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center:
Enjoy the conference at the Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Central Illinois now boasts the state's only official Four Diamond AAA rated hotel between Chicago and St. Louis. At the Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel and Conference Center you will find Central Illinois' finest lodging facility. It's the only hotel in Bloomington-Normal to offer two concierge floors with a separate lounge. Enjoy the fitness center, indoor pool and airport shuttle. - Room Rate is $94 per night. To register call (309) 862-9000 and mention the Problem-Solving Courts conference, or go to https://bit.ly/31564MA.
Additional Hotel Options Include:
Hyatt Place Bloomington/Normal(across the street from the Marriott) – Room Rate is $94 per night. Registration deadline is 9/12/19. To register call (309) 454-9288 and mention group rate code G-IAPC.
Courtyard by Marriott– Room rate is $89.00. Registration deadline is 9/2/19. To register call (309) 862-1166 and mention rate code IAPR.
Comfort Suites– Room rate is $89.00. Registration deadline is 9/17/18. To register call 309-452-8588 and mention the Illinois Association of Problem-Solving Courts room block.
Parke Regency– Room rate is $72.00. Registration deadline is 9/2/19. To register call (309) 662-4300 and mention the ILAPSC conference.
DoubleTree– Room rate is $70.00. Registration deadline is 9/11/19.To register call 309-664-6446 and mention the Illinois Association of Problem-Solving Courts conference, or go to http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/B/BMIDTDT-IAP-20191002/index.jhtml
Holiday Inn Express– Room rate is $70.00. Registration deadline is 9/18/19. To register call 309-862-1600 and use the room block code IPC, or go to https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/normal/bmicc/hoteldetail and use code IPC