6th Annual Illinois Association
of Problem-Solving Courts Conference
October 17-19, 2018
Early Check-In October 17, 2018
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel
201 Broadway Avenue
Normal, Illinois 61761
The ILAPSC Conference brings hundreds of individuals together from around the state to explore the latest research and issues of justice-involved individuals with behavioral health needs. The ILAPSC mission is to promote problem-solving courts in Illinois by providing education, assistance, training and development through collaboration of behavioral health and justice systems.
Who will attend
Judges · Attorneys · Probation Officers · Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment Providers
Parole · Coordinators · Court Administrators · Law Enforcement Officials · Community Leaders
Educators · Practitioners, Researchers, and Policymakers · Peer and Family Advocates
The conference will feature presentations from nationally recognized speakers including:
- Doug Marlowe, J.D., Ph.D., Senior Scientific Consultant for the National Association of Drug Court Professionals
- Norma Jaeger, M.S., Idaho Supreme Court’s Problem-Solving Courts Specialist
- Meghan Wheeler, MS, Training and Technical Assistance Consultant, National Drug Court Institute
- Karen Otis, LMHC, MA, Associate Director, Treatment Court Program, Center for Court Innovation
- Carlos Quezada-Gomez, Psy.D., National Drug Court Institute Consultant
Presentation Topics and Conference Highlights
- The Neurobiology of Addiction and Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Responding to Participant Behavior
- Applying Procedural Justice and Trauma Awareness to Improve Outcomes
- Problem-Solving Court Graduates Stories of Recovery Panel Discussion
New feature this year:
Panel of Problem-Solving Court Graduates
Back by popular demand:
Wednesday Early Registration
Wednesday Bag Toss Competition and Prizes
Thursday Evening Reception and Networking
Friday Exhibitor Door Prize Drawing
Breakout Sessions Include:
- Medical Marijuana and Problem-Solving Courts
- Rural Drug Court Resources and Innovative Ideas
- Teleservices: Using Technology to Enhance Drug Treatment Courts
- Communication in Problem-Solving Courts: Consensus, Conflict, or Capitulation
- Sustainability and Your Problem-Solving Court
- Mentoring in Your Problem-Solving Court
- Five Ways to Wreck Your Career – Professional Ethics
- Relapse: Discharge, Sanction, or Treatment
- Complimentary Treatment and Social Services
- Illinois Problem-Solving Court Standards Updates, Measuring Risk, and Barriers to Certification
Continuing Education Information:
Continuing Education Units: 10.75 (Day 1 - 7; Day 2 - 3.75)
Provided by the Illinois Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health and Justice
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, LSW/LCSW
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, LPC/LCPC
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, LMFT
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Psychologist
IAODAPCA: #14365 Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II or III, PCGC II, CCJP I or II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CVSS I or II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, RDDP, CFPP I or II, NCRS II
MCLE Credits: 10.75 MCLE General Credit hours, of which 4.0 approved for Professional Responsibility Credit.
$195 per person
Three payment options:
Pay by credit card.
Download Invoice and submit to employer to mail with the check
Download Invoice and mail in with the check
- You may transfer your registration to another person until the time of the conference.
- If you cancel after September 29, 2018, there is a $50.00 service fee to cover administrative costs.
- Cancellations and transfers can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT MAY BE RECORDED AND PHOTOGRAPHED. THE ILLINOIS ASSOCIATION OF PROBLEM-SOLVING COURTS AND THE ILLINOIS CENTER OF EXCELLENCE FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH AND JUSTICE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO USE THE RECORDINGS OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR TRAINING AND OTHER RELATED EDUCATIONAL OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. BOTH ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO POST PHOTOGRAPHS AND RECORDED MATERIAL FROM THIS PROGRAM AT www.ilapsc.org OR www.ilcoe.us, AND/OR USE PHOTOGRAPHS IN PRINT MATERIAL.
Handouts will be available to view and print from the 2018 Materials page of this website 48 hours before the conference. Free Wi-Fi will be available in all conference rooms to view the handouts on your electronic device.
This project was supported by Grant #2015-DJ-BX-0333, awarded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, through the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority. Points of view or opinions contained within this document are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice, or the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority.
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center:
Enjoy the conference at the Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Central Illinois now boasts the state's only official Four Diamond AAA rated hotel between Chicago and St. Louis. At the Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel and Conference Center you will find Central Illinois' finest lodging facility. It's the only hotel in Bloomington-Normal to offer two concierge floors with a separate lounge. Enjoy the fitness center, indoor pool and airport shuttle. SOLD OUT
Additional Hotel Options Include:
Hyatt Place Bloomington/Normal (across the street from the Marriott). – SOLD OUT
Courtyard by Marriott – SOLD OUT
Park Regency – SOLD OUT
DoubleTree – Room rate is $70.00. Registration deadline is 9/26/18. To register call 309-664-6446 and mention the ILAPSC conference or go to http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/B/BMIDTDT-IAP-20181017/index.jhtml
Holiday Inn Express – Room rate is $70.00. Registration deadline is 10/3/18. To register call 309-862-1600 and use the room block code IPC.
Comfort Suites – Room rate is $70.00. Registration deadline is 9/17/18. To register call 309-452-8588 and mention the Illinois Association of Problem-Solving Courts room block.
The Chateau – Room rate is $70.00. Registration deadline is 9/12/18. To register call 309-665-5671 and mention the Illinois Association of Problem-Solving Courts room block.